La Tour Eiffel

La Tour Eiffel

Friday, June 18, 2010

The Final Test

Friday June 11, 2010
Day 44

Yesterday was a lounging kind of day for me, although it didn’t start out that way. I woke up around 8 to study for my test, which was just a twenty minute interview with Dr. LeBras at 10:40am. Unfortunately he asked me about the one subject I knew the least about so I don’t think I did very well, which is frustrating because I really did try to study. The problem was that I don’t have a book because I shared with Marissa, so I couldn’t start studying until she was done, which was around 1am. Certainly I could’ve done more to prepare farther in advance, but it was an unfortunate situation nonetheless.

However, even though I wasn’t able to say much, it was quick and not that hard (he talked a lot himself luckily). After finishing my test I hung out in Sarah, Paige and Betsy’s room on and off for most of the day. I also did a load of laundry and some preliminary packing. It will be nice to have clean clothes for once. It has been two weeks now since I’ve done my laundry. The only thing I really ran out of was underwear though, which I just handwashed in our sink. Because its been so nice and sunny here in Nice I’ve been wearing the same couple outfits (my new white shorts from Camieu in Paris, and a few different tops, and I wore dresses a lot). Then around 6 I helped Meridith walk her bags down to the bus stop to go to the airport. That was kind of sad. But its okay because we’ll all see each other soon in the Fall at school so its not that heartbreaking.

Unfortunately Betsy, Paige and Sarah had a written test that took a long time so I couldn’t really hang out with them, and I didn’t feel like going to the beach (I’m still pretty sunburnt) so it was a lazy day. Around 7 o’clock, Sarah, Betsy, Marissa and I went out to a cafe down Avenue des Anglais for some pizza. We planned to meet up with Paige at the beach at 9 because she still had to finish her test. The pizza turned out to be really good, surprisingly since French pizza is not that great. And our server was really funny. We think he was Italian because when he came over he started in French, realized we spoke English and then the rest of the time he spoke English to us, kind of. I don’t really know how to describe his funniness. But he was just goofy and playful with us about the language and just really friendly. It was quite refreshing from the cold Parisian service I’m used to. I ordered a Marguerite pizza which is basically just cheese pizza with olives on top. So I took those off (I tried one and it was gross) and when I had finished I made a smiley face with them on my plate. When I showed the waiter he laughed and told me that I was allowed to have dessert but the others couldn’t. It was fun. I’m happy to know that not all of France is snobby and elitist--even if he wasn’t French (although we didn’t get a chance to ask him where he was from, dang it).
Betsy & Sarah

My happy meal, French style

After dinner we met up with Paige and then walked back the way we came to find some gelatto. I ate passionfruit flavored gelatto that was really good. I wanted to try a drink of theirs that was called Noisette (hazelnuts) because I have a new obsession with them. But I decided against it. When we finished our ice cream we walked back to the residence, getting “Bonsoir”ed by every group of guys we passed---at one point the guys whistled so I whistled back, haha. We also passed by a small cafe/shop thing where the guys started calling to us even as we didn’t stop to chat. He asked where we were from so I shouted back “Les Etats-Unis” and he said something nice about it or us I don’t remember and wished us a good night, so I responded likewise. It was kind of funny--I was feeling very gregarious, probably because it was our last night.

Sad to say goodbye...

Back at the residence we worked on our baguette movie and FINALLY finished it! Yeah!!! Its almost ten minutes long. Oh la la. But its good and I’m really glad we did it, it was so much fun and such a good souvenir!

Sadly, I didn’t really say goodbye to people before they left. I said goodbye to Meridith obviously, and Joy but that’s about it. Oh well. Goodbyes are awkward anyways...

No comments:

Post a Comment